Male, Female, and Non-Binary categories will be scored for the results. Those who do not choose one of these three categories will not be scored.
The top three overall in each gender for the Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K winners’ times will be determined by the gun/bell start; age division winners will be scored by chip timing.
A timing chip will be included with your bib number.
Complimentary Entry Standards for Elite Athletes
The Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon® will extend complimentary elite athlete entries to the top ten men and women finishers from the last two years.
You can also apply if you have run the following half marathon time in the last 18 months:
- Men: Half marathon 1:08:00
- Women: Half marathon 1:20:00
Awards will be given to the top three in each gender in the Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K. The top masters finisher in each gender in the Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K will also be awarded a prize.
- Half Marathon awards will be given to the top three finishers in the following age divisions: 19 and under; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54, 55-59, 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; and 85 and over.
- 10K awards will be given to the top three finishers in the age divisions 14 and under and 15-19; the rest of the categories are the same as the Half Marathon listed above.
- 5K awards will be given to the top three finishers in the age divisions 6-9; 10-14; and 15-19; the rest of the categories are the same as the Half Marathon listed above.
Additionally, awards will be given to the top three overall finishers in the Physically Challenged Athlete Division (see below).
Physically Challenged Athlete Division
Pamakid Runners Club and Kaiser Permanente believe that individuals with a disability deserve the inspiration, support and opportunity to participate in athletic endeavors that promote healthier, active lifestyles.
This category will require pre-registration as a PC Athlete and will be excluded from age group categories. Because this is a self-defined category, any disputes or challenges about finish results or eligibility will be determined by a race sub-committee and their decision will be final.
There will not be in-person Awards Ceremonies at the 2022 event. All awards will be mailed to recipients following the race.
Whether this is your first race or just the latest of many, here's everything you need to gear up and get set to run.
Maximize aerobic benefit from your workout with our Target Heart Rate Calculator
Members: get a personalized Health Assessment to help you meet your goals.
Want personalized guidance to get healthier? We offer Health Coach Services to members and non-members. Make an appointment to get started.
Track your progress with the free Every Body Walk! App from Kaiser Permanente